Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Silent Way ES-1 + CR-78 + Modular + Moog FreqBox : SOLVENT


s0LVentCIty | 2011/04/05
Hi my name is Solvent and this is my 2nd Eurorack modular system video. The big news here is that I've got everything running from Expert Sleepers Silent Way (via Ableton Live) - no Midi, no Midi-to-CV/clock, just Silent Way converting audio directly into CVs and Gates, from my Presonus audio interface into an Expert Sleepers ES-1 module... I've even got my CR-78 clocked via a Silent Way LFO!

The first half is all about that sizzly bassline - DinSync OSC303 + Moog FreqBox's VCO, Bubblesound Sem20's HPF being modulated by an LFO coming from the Korg MS20. Sequence pattern is bring altered in real time by the Intellijel uScale quantizer.

The 2nd half is all about processing the CR-78 through the Flight of Harmony Plague Bearer, which is a weird filter that aims to destroy. And I think it does a fine job of that here.